Back to Communicator Archive
The Reactis Communicator
||Reactive Systems, Inc.
||April 11, 2002
This is the first installment of "The Reactis Communicator", a
low volume mailing list for conveying information about Reactis,
RSI's embedded software design automation tool suite.
The inaugural members of the list are people who have requested
information or an evaluation license for Reactis. If you are no
longer interested in Reactis, please see the instructions below
for removing yourself from the list and we apologize for the
We are pleased to announce that Reactis V2002b3 is now
available. The currently available components are Reactis Tester
and Reactis Simulator which offer automatic generation of
comprehensive yet concise test suites from Simulink/Stateflow
models. Many thanks to the valuable feedback given by evaluators
of V2002b1 and V2002b2. The third beta release of the tool
includes several new features and many bug fixes. The new
- Two new coverage metrics measure coverage of the Simulink
portions of models. The new metrics guide the targeted phase
of Tester and are visualized in Simulator. The new metrics
are "conditional subsystem coverage" which records which
condition subsystems have executed and "branch coverage"
which records which branches of several types of Simulink
blocks have executed. The block types with branches that are
currently included in the metric are switch, multiport
switch, relational operator, dead zone, and saturation.
- Tester now includes a preload phase during which an existing
test suite may be loaded for extension during the random and
targeted phases of test generation. This capability enables
the following type of synergistic use of Tester and Simulator
to construct good test suites:
- Create a test suite foo.rst with Tester.
- Load foo.rst into Simulator and manually improve it by
adding tests that achieve new coverage and save the
modified suite as foo.rst'.
- Rerun Tester preloading the modified foo.rst'.
- Repeat the process if necessary.
- Tester now allows the user to specify the name of the
generated .rst file.
- When Tester is interrupted during the targeted phase, the
portion of the test suite already generated is saved to an
- The license manager now supports concurrent licenses.
- The menus in the top-level Reactis window have been slightly
- Reactis-generated test suites may now be exported to a .m
file which may be loaded into Simulink and used to drive
simulations. See the "Reactis User's Guide" for details.
- The "Reactis User's Guide" has been substantially expanded.
Download and installation instructions are available at:
If you have forgotten your password (or not yet received one),
please send a password request to email@example.com.
Tell a friend! If you know someone interested in joining the
Reactis Communicator mailing list, please have them send an
e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (no subject or
body content are required in the message).
Please note that to keep volume low and avoid abuse by
spammers, we have configured the list so that only RSI may post
messages. A web-based forum is planned for direct exchange of
ideas among Reactis users.
The Reactis Team
Back to Communicator Archive