||Reactive Systems, Inc.
||February 8, 2010
IN THIS INSTALLMENT:
- Reactis V2010 Now Available
- Reactive Systems Awarded Patent for Test Generation Method
- Japan Branch Marks Three-Year Anniversary
- Reactis for C Nears Beta Test
- Coming Events
- Quick Video: Model Navigation in Reactis
Reactis V2010 Now Available
We are pleased to announce the availability of Reactis V2010. The new
version includes a host of new features and enhancements since the previous
major release in July 2009. Some highlights are as follows.
- A 64-bit version of Reactis (requires 64-bit MATLAB).
- Initial support for MATLAB R2009b and the upcoming R2010a.
- Support for using configuration variables as parameters to S-Functions.
- Support for more data type combinations of inputs and outputs to 1-d and 2-d lookup tables.
- A new setting "When detecting Inf or NaN values" in the
Reactis settings dialog. Setting this to "Produce error" will cause Reactis
to display an error message if an Inf or NaN value is detected during model
Reactis for C Plugin
- Improved hovering to query program execution details. Hovering now works for
more program constructs, in more different situations, and gives more
information (e.g. where in your program a variable was last modified).
- Improved coverage tracking within C macro expansions. If a macro in
C code expands to multiple statements then the macro invocation will be
highlighted in red until all its statements are covered. Hovering over
the macro invocation will list all statements that the macro expands to
and their respective coverage information.
- New info screen showing contents of RSM files. Clicking on a
"FN" (S-Function) or "LIB" (C Library) system in the model hierarchy
tree displays the contents of the associated RSM file in the main panel.
- New API routine to export C source code coverage details to a comma
separated value (CSV) file.
- Drastically reduced memory allocation for models using
S-Functions with large array parameters.
More details regarding the V2010 enhancements may be found
in the revision history in the
Reactis User's Guide. Customers with active SMS may download
V2010 from the
Reactis User Pages.
Reactive Systems Awarded Patent for Test Generation Method
On January 5, 2010, Reactive Systems, Inc. (RSI) was awarded United States
Patent 7,644,398 titled "System and Method for Automatic Test-Case Generation
for Software". The patent covers the core technology underlying Reactis Tester.
Japan Branch Marks Three-Year Anniversary
February 2, 2010 marked the three-year anniversary of the opening of the
Reactive Systems Japan branch office in Nagoya, Japan. The branch, led by Michio
Morimoto, offers direct sales of and technical support for Reactis and the
Reactis for C Plugin. Since the branch opened in February, 2007, the number of
companies using Reactis in Japan has approximately doubled to over 20 automotive
OEMs and suppliers.
Reactis for C Nears Beta Test
When using Reactis to generate tests from a model or check requirements of a model, have
you ever wished you could do the same for C code independently of any model? An upcoming
new product Reactis for C will offer just such functionality. You will
be able to:
- Generate comprehensive tests from C code in order to detect a variety of runtime errors
- Memory errors:
- Exceeding the bounds of an array or malloced data
- Accessing memory after a call to free()
- Accessing a pointer to a local variable after a function call has returned
- Calling free() twice
- Reading an uninitialized local variable
- Overflow errors
- Divide-by-zero errors
- Invalid shift operations
- Execute tests in an advanced debug environment that offers coverage tracking (Statement,
Decision, Condition, and MC/DC) and even reverse execution
- Check that a program meets its requirements
- Check for unsafe program behavior
- When an error is detected, replay a concrete execution sequence leading to the problem
in order to understand, diagnose, and fix the bug.
More information is available in a white paper
Finding Bugs in C Code with Reactis for C.
A beta version of Reactis for C will soon be available. Please send email to
email@example.com if you would like to try the beta.
Reactive Systems will exhibit at the following trade shows:
- March 2-4, 2010. Embedded World Exhibition and Conference. Nuremberg, Germany.
- May 19-21, 2010. Automotive Engineering Exposition. Yokohama, Japan.
Quick Video: Model Navigation in Reactis
1-minute video highlights some model navigation features of
Reactis including the following:
- Reactis launches quickly, which is useful if you need to just have a quick
look at something in a model.
- Signal highlighting makes it easy to track signals through complex models.
- Hovering over a subsystem in the hierarchy panel highlights the subsystem in
the main panel.
- When moving to a parent subsystem, the child you are moving up from is highlighted.
- Hover over any Goto/From or Data Store Read/Write/Memory block to highlight
- Double-click on a Goto/From or Data Store Read/Write/Memory block to see
list of matching blocks throughout model. Double-click on items in the list to
highlight the block in the model.
The Reactis Team