Reactis for C V2016 Released
New API features
The Reactis for C API has been greatly expanded and improved to support
fully automated back-to-back testing of Simulink models and C code.
- Reactis build files can be created, modified, and accessed. Previously,
these files could only be manipulated manually via the GUI.
- Reactis harness libraries can be created, modified, and accessed.
Previously, these files could only be manipulated manually via the GUI.
- A MATLAB® interface to the API is now available which can be
used in combination with the Reactis for Simulink API to perform automated
back-to-back testing from within MATLAB scripts.
Test Harness Improvements
A number of improvements have been made to test harnesses.
The goals of these improvements are twofold: (1) reduce the need to
use wrapper functions, and
(2) support cases where the data types used by a model do not
precisely match the data types used in
the corresponding C code.
- Test harnesses now include an initialization function, which eliminates
the need for wrapper code in many cases. In particular, C code generated
by Embedded Coder® can now be tested without any wrapper code in most
- Support for C code which performs fixed point calculations has been
added. Test harnesses can be configured to convert between real-world
values (stored as floating point values) and the fixed point
representation used in the C code.
- Settings have been added to control the rounding mode and overflow
behavior when a test value is converted to/from a C code value.
These settings are adjustable for each input, output, or
Stub File Improvements
If a program under test includes missing variables or functions
(the variable or function is declared in a header file but never
given an implementation in any C file), then Reactis for C can
be directed to identify and generate stub implementations for the
missing items. The following improvements have been made to
generated stub files:
- Stub files now include all the type declarations required to compile,
eliminating the need to manually add type declarations to a stub
file after it is generated.
- In order to reduce the size of stub files, stub implementations are
not generated for unneeded functions and variables. Static analysis
is performed to determine if a variable is never referenced or a function
is never called.
C Compiler Improvements
- GNU statement expressions are supported.
- Errors involving variables and code which are not used by
the current test harness are ignored.
- Macros can be used as arguments to include directives.
- The formatting of the value shown when hovering on a scalar character value
or arrays of characters is improved.
- Warnings are produced instead of syntax errors for GCC-style extended
"asm" statements (the assembly code is ignored).
- Support for Windows 10.
- Launch a quick HTML coverage report from the top-level Coverage menu.
- Option to export Booleans as integers in CSV file.
- Checkbox in Tester launch dialog to enable/disable pruning of tests
after the random phase.
- The build file editor has been streamlined to make the use of
- The number of output differences for which details are printed in a
test execution report can now be capped.
Reactis is a registered trademark of Reactive
Systems, Inc. MATLAB, Simulink, and Stateflow, and Embedded Coder are
registered trademarks of The MathWorks.
The Reactis Team