June 10, 2008
Dear Reactis User:
We are pleased to announce the availability of Reactis V2008.
In addition to numerous quality enhancements, the following
features were added since V2007:
A new test point feature has been added.
- Test points can be added by right-clicking on a block or
signal line when Reactis Simulator is off.
- When generating a test suite in Reactis Tester or
modifying a test suite in Reactis Simulator, Reactis will
store the data for the currently defined test points in the
- A list of the currently defined test points can be viewed
by selecting menu item Edit, Test Points.
- Test points can be removed by going to the Edit, Test
Points list, selecting a test point and selecting Edit,
Remove (Simulator must be off).
- When running a test suite within Reactis Simulator,
Reactis will compare the test point data in the test suite
with the current values at the test points and report
- When exporting a test suite to CSV format, Reactis can
include test points in the exported data.
- Simulink Test Points in a model can be imported into Reactis
by selecting Edit, Test Points and then in the Info
File Editor selecting Tools, Import from Simulink.
Test Suite Import and Export Enhancements
- When importing an .rst or .csv test suite using the Test
Suite, Import menu item, Reactis now allows data items
to be remapped. This allows users to reuse test suites after the
names or locations of inports, outports or test points have
- For export to CSV, you can now choose which ports, test
points, and tests should be exported.
- For export to MATLAB, you can now choose which tests should
- Reactis now offers compression/decompression for test suite
export to/import from CSV.
- When exporting a test suite to CSV format, data can be
compressed. Test steps in which there are no changes to
input, test point, or output values are excluded from the
resulting exported CSV file.
- When importing a test suite from CSV format, Reactis will
now decompress files compressed using the technique described
above. To restore the excluded values, Reactis will duplicate
the input/output values from the previous step.
Newly Supported Simulink Features
- Support for MATLAB R2008a models.
- Support forwarding tables in Simulink libraries.
Reactis for C Plugin Updates
- Support fixpoint values in S-Functions.
- Support libraries called from Stateflow custom C code
(if source code for those libraries is available).
- Support using macros defined in C header files within
- Data viewed in scopes within Reactis can now be saved to CSV
files by clicking the CSV button in the scope.
- In User Guided Simulation mode, the input ports can now be
sorted by either port number or port name.
- License server CSV logs now contain the license IDs of
- The functionality of the GUI menu item Test Suite,
Export, Using Simulink can now be accessed from the API. To
do this the program must call the rsSimUpdateOutputs command
with the output filename (last parameter) having an extension of
- Validator expression objectives are now inserted into a
model using a wiring dialog very similar to that used for
diagram objectives. The expression editor in the dialog also now
offers on-the-fly syntax checking of expressions. Hovering over
an expression objective now also displays how the objective is
wired into the model.
- A test suite that differs from the model only in output
ports and/or test points can now be loaded (read-only) without
having to import it.
You may download the patches or full installers from the
Reactis User Pages.
The Reactis Team