December 5, 2008
Dear Reactis User:
We are pleased to announce the availability of Reactis V2008.1 (beta).
In addition to all bug fixes from Reactis V2008, the following
features were added:
- Virtual inports provide enhanced control over what values Reactis
should feed into top-level input ports of a model.
- Virtual inports can be added to your model within Reactis and
connected to top-level input ports of a model. The model file
itself is not changed in this process. To add a virtual inport,
right-click on some empty space within the top-level system
of your model and select "Add Virtual Inport" from the pop-up
- Like Validator assertions, virtual inports can be formulated as
simple expressions (depending on Simulation time or other inputs)
or complex systems modeled in Simulink and stored in a library.
- Virtual inport systems may contain "Random Number" or
"Uniform Random Number" blocks to introduce custom randomness
- Virtual inports can be enabled and disabled easily within Reactis
Newly supported Simulink features
- Support for MATLAB R2008b models.
- "Random Number" or "Uniform Random Number" blocks are now
supported if located within a Validator objectives or virtual
- Support blocks that have a continuous sample time if the block is
located in a model with a fixed-step discrete solver.
This includes "Signal Builder" and "Repeating Sequence" blocks
- Support "long long int", "long long unsigned int" and "_Bool"
- Improved performance of memory operations.
- Improved overflow detection.
- New option to detect invalid pointer calculations.
- Greatly improved performance when executing S-Functions in
- In RSM files, absolute or relative paths can be used to
specify source files or libraries.
- Allow specifying compiler macro definitions in RSM files.
- "Difference scopes" allow simple comparison of differences
between expected and observed model outputs.
- Boundary coverage tracking for relational operators working
on floating-point values can be turned off entirely.
Alternatively, the user may define the acceptable tolerance
for these blocks.
- New API functions rsSimExportSuiteEx and rsSimImportSuiteEx
allow fine-tuning of test suite export and import via the API.
- All broken links in models are immediately highlighted when
the model is loaded.
- A new switch in Reactis' settings dialog allows to use a
different method of invoking MATLAB which avoids the
"hijacking" of existing MATLAB command windows.
You may download the patches or full installers from the
Reactis User Pages.
The Reactis Team