Reactis V2011 Now Available
Cary, NC (June 23, 2011) -- Today Reactive Systems, Inc. announced the V2011 release of its Reactis® testing and validation package for Simulink®/Stateflow® models. The new version includes many new features and enhancements to both Reactis and the Reactis for C Plugin. Some highlights are as follows.
A simplified Reactis Tester launch dialog makes it even easier to generate tests from a model. The user may now specify how long automatic test generation should last by giving a maximum run time or maximum number of simulation steps to take while constructing the test vectors. The old launch parameters are also still available.
When running Reactis-generated tests either in Reactis Simulator or in Simulink using the runtests utility, Reactis compares the values computed by a model for top-level output ports and for test points against the values stored in the test suite for those items. Any differences are flagged. Reactis has always supported a global tolerance for performing these comparisons to avoid flagging small rounding errors. A new feature in V2011 enables the specification of a different tolerance for each output or test point.
A new search facility lets you perform a text search of your model for strings matching a pattern you specify. You can easily search Simulink block names and parameters, Stateflow state names and actions, Reactis Validator objective names, configuration variable names, and C code (if you are using the Reactis for C Plugin).
Additionally in V2011:
- Model initialization speed is improved for some models.
- Right-clicking on a system in the hierarchy panel offers an option "Copy System Path" which will copy the system path of that subsystem to the clipboard.
- When extracting a subsystem, the user can select whether or not to include any triggering mechanism for the subsystem in the extracted model.
The following Simulink features are newly supported in V2011:
- Initial support for MATLAB R2011a models.
- Newly supported blocks: Rate Limiter, Function-Call Split, Function-Call Feedback Latch.
- Support enumerated types and values in S-Functions and Legacy Code blocks.
Reactis for C Plugin
V2011 also includes a number of new features in the Reactis for C Plugin. Some highlights are as follows.
- Comments and inactive C code within #ifdef statements are colored differently to differentiate them from exercised code.
- Improved reachability analysis to identify and highlight dead code.
- Allow (small) numeric arrays to be added as watched variables.
- Produce a warning if:
- the result of an expression with no side-effects is ignored.
- a non-void function does not return a value.
- __declspec and __attribute clauses are used.
About Reactis. Reactis provides automated test-generation and model-validation capabilities for Simulink/Stateflow models of control software. The tool can be used to test for conformance between a model and implementation code, and it can also be employed to validate model behavior. Reactis is used at dozens of companies worldwide in the automotive, aerospace, and heavy equipment industries.
About Reactive Systems. Reactive Systems, founded in 1999,
is a privately held company with offices in Cary, NC and Nagoya,
Japan. The company offers tools and services to help improve software
quality while reducing development costs. For more information visit
www.reactive-systems.com or call +1-919-324-3507.